When a wood borer infestation is left untreated, they can potentially develop into a serious issue, such as damaging wooden floors, door and furniture. The following step will help discourage wood borer infestations:
- Wood boring beetles are attracted to the moisture content in the wood, try to keep furniture, door and wooden items dry.
- Seal cracks and crevices on wood surfaces to deter wood borer from breeding.
- Remove infected wood to avoid the infestation from spreading to another area.
At Tricity Pest Control, our experts are fully trained, licensed professionals with knowledge of the habits and lifecycle of wood borer. By following the ERDM approach as part of our integrated pest management, we ensure an effective protection for your business:
- Partnership — Cooperation with clients and sharing of roles in pest management is crucial.
- Education and Exclusion — Talks and education materials to enforce general good housekeeping practices to remove possible wood borer breeding sites and recommendations on proofing of doors, windows, roof vents, etc to minimize insects entering the premises.
- Sanitation — Proper waste disposal process and sanitation to reduce infestation.
- Treatment — Use of the correct treatment to get rid of woodborer for your individual circumstances